Sunday, March 6, 2016

A few new websites and the SPT Immortality Project

I'm convinced that everyone's google searches are different, and that most of the searches I'm doing are meaningless and censored.

Here is my favorite search result:
The SPT Immortality Institute @ U California - Riverside

Some news results that I don't think are very informative:
how-will-humans-respond-to-immortality
stephen-wolfram-immortality-humans-live-forever
how-close-are-humans-to-immortality
human-immortality-2045

One of these articles mentioned Ray Kurzweil, and I've been to his website recently. The URL is here:
Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence

As well as the URL of presidental candidate Zoltan Istvan, who "promises" Immortality:
zoltanistvan.com

Personally, over the past year I've been increasingly certain of a few different things:
1) Immortality is a subject that is very popular, even for non-biologists. Every schmuck in the world wants to become Immortal somehow, even greedy business freaks who live only for money. The truth is that the vast majority of people have become immortal without body immortality.
2) The soul is FAR, FAR more significant than the body, and the soul can constitute true Immortality.
3) If you somehow make your body immortal, somebody is just going to assassinate you or blow you up.
4) The purpose of the galaxy is life, and the eons and billions of years of time belong to us. Immortality may in fact be something less conscious, less human, and far, far longer lived.
5) The vast majority of websites which talk about Immortality are misleading or blatantly lying. The most important part of Immortality: the soul, is completely censored on the internet.

That's my report for the month of March. I hope I can do more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment